I got my new BlackBerry Curve 8310 today and honestly already expected to experience problems when trying to run it on Windows Vista.
So here’s what you have to do to properly install the BlackBerry Desktop Manager 4.3 and your BlackBerry Device:
- Install the BlackBerry Desktop Manager 4.3, be sure to download the latest Version here. I’m using 220.127.116.11 (Auguest 2007)
- After the installation don’t reboot your PC and do not start the Desktop Manager yet
- Plug your BlackBerry in by using the supplied USB Cable
- Now the important part: Vista will tell you it found new hardware but no proper driver for it. Choose to manually search for a driver, type in C:\ and hit enter.
- This will occur several times, just proceed with C:\ and enter.
- After about 5 times you should be done, now you should be able to start the Desktop Manager and use your BlackBerry.
If you don’t do it that way, the Desktop Manager will detect your BlackBerry phone but it won’t be able to work with it, the connection will always fail when you try to use the Synchronizing Service or the Backup/Restore Manager.
Furthermore you should update your BlackBerry Device Software, for T-Mobile Germany go here to download the latest Firmware: BlackBerry Device Software Downloads. Thanks to Quintt for the comment!